I’m thrilled to have Naturopathic Doctor and Teen Advocate, Dr. Erin TeWinkel with us today.
Dr. TeWinkel is on a mission to improve teen wellness and tear down the stigma surrounding what adolescence is really all about. She helps families create environments where everyone thrives through this period rather than just trying to survive it. She also offers education surrounding teens and their ever-changing bodies by focusing on hormonal struggles, acne, painful periods, anxiety, depression, dieting/diet culture, and healthy bodies, healthy brains.
Today’s episode includes:
- Why a family-oriented approach is so effective when working with teens
- How understanding brain changes during the teen years can help parents and teenagers to thrive
- The basics of nourishing a teenage brain
- How to talk to teens about the food-mood connection
- Dealing with peer pressure and the external messages teens see in the media
- Empowering teens toward resilience and ownership of their health