My entry into this field came when my son was diagnosed with an array of environmental and food allergies after years of struggling with serious attention and behavioral problems. The culprits include common foods like peanuts, tree nuts, eggs, soy, wheat, peas, potatoes, strawberries, green beans, peaches, green peppers, carrots, apples and pears. As you can imagine, this diagnosis drastically changed our lives – surprisingly, for the better! The frustration, helplessness and steep learning curve that came with adapting to everyday life while ensuring my son’s optimal nutrition is what drives me to help other parents change their childrens’ futures.
These beliefs define the way I work:
- There is power in your story. I am here to listen.
- Optimal nutrition and a nourishing environment sets the stage for true healing.
- Symptoms always have a root cause.
- If I don’t know, I’ll tell you (and then I’ll start researching)!
- There are no one-size-fits-all solutions; individualized care is important.
- If I need to refer you for alternative or complementary care, I always look within my circle of trusted practitioners (and good people) first.
- Our work together is a collaboration – you play an expert role, too!
The integrative approach to nutrition honors you as a whole person.
My interventions are evidence-based and feature:
- individualized diet plans
- quality therapeutic supplements
- functional foods
- complimentary practices (such as massage or yoga)
- lifestyle change
As your nutritionist, I’ll consider your unique personality, lifestyle, history, and budget to shape a plan that’s just right for you.
When it comes to health and nutrition, there is no “one-size-fits-all” path to healing. Your body is unique, your needs are unique and your care should support YOU.
I am not a medical doctor and cannot diagnose, prescribe or discontinue medication, though I am happy to work in collaboration with your primary physician as part of a complete care team.